On the first day of Christmas, Niagara Falls USA gave to us—so many holiday events that we’ll all be brimming with cheer from now until the New Year.
Looking to get into the festive spirit? Pay a visit to Niagara Falls USA this holiday season and you’ll find a Christmas calendar brimming with activities to get you and the whole family in the mood. From meeting The Man himself to sparkling holiday lights, there’s a tinsel-topped event happening every day in the county. You’ll soon discover Niagara Falls USA is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving!
1. This winter, celebrate the holiday season and participate in a variety of Jingle Falls USA activities in downtown Niagara Falls, NY. Guests can delight in tons of outdoor fun on Old Falls Street and in Niagara Falls State Park, including a tree lighting, paintball, guided hikes, train rides, live reindeer, crafts, horse and carriage rides, appearances from Santa and more! (November 26, December 3, and December 10, 2022)
2. Sip and savor the holiday season at some of the nearly two dozen wineries throughout Niagara County. Witness the scenic, snowy vistas of the vineyards, warm up with some wine tastings and purchase gifts for the wine connoisseurs in your life – or yourself!
3. Each year, from the Saturday before Thanksgiving to the eve of the Epiphany, the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine goes aglow for the Fatima Shrine Festival of Lights. The event features some 75 twinkling displays to wander through, with the highlight being the shrine itself, decorated with a life-size nativity scene and festooned in Christmas foliage. (November 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023)
4. Do you want to build a snowman? Frolic in the flurries and frost of the many state parks in Niagara Falls USA on a free guided winter hike. Pro tip: Niagara Falls State Park offers free snowshoe rentals all winter long!
5. Combine Christmas cheer and community camaraderie, and you have Light up Lockport. This all-day event has a variety of holiday happenings, including classic Christmas movies and crafts, a tacky sweater 5k, a parade and a tree lighting, to name a few. (November 26, 2022)
6. Lewiston brings a vintage flavor to the holiday calendar with the Village of Lewiston Christmas Walk complete with holiday shopportunities and a Christmas Lights Parade. (December 1-4, 2022)
7. Explore the magic of Christmas at the Santa Claus Christmas Cottage in Lockport. Visit Santa and the head Elf, drop off a letter in the North Pole mailbox, and witness the many classic holiday decorations. Bring your camera and take as many photos as you like, this experience is totally free! (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, December 2022.)
8. Enjoy life-sized gingerbread displays, face painting, live music, crafts and more at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute this December. (November 26 & 27, December 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 & 18, 2022)
9. Want to get some of your holiday shopping done without the hustle and bustle of big-box stores? Support a variety of local artisans and vendors at the LiveNF Makers Market! Held on Small Business Saturday at the Niagara Falls Convention Center, enjoy a day of live music, art and concessions to kick off the holiday season. (November 26, 2022)
10. Winter bites — and no, we’re not referring to the weather — but fishing! Niagara Falls USA offers year-round angling opportunities, and winter is prime time for catching steelhead, brown trout and lake trout. Unsure where to begin? Hire a local charter captain for an epic on-the-water fishing adventure.
11. We all know Santa’s favorite treat is cookies! And there’s no shortage of confections at The Village Bake Shoppe in Lewiston, NY. This holiday season, purchase a do-it-yourself cookie decorating kit, complete with a dozen sugar cookies, icing and sprinkles. Also on the menu, the TikTok famous, hot chocolate bombs!
12. Deck the halls at the Niagara Power Vista! Hop aboard the polar vista express, take photos with Santa, and enjoy an assortment of holiday treats, crafts and entertainment. (December 10, 2022)
Click here for a full list of festivities and events.