On the first day of Christmas, Niagara Falls USA gave to us—so many holiday events that we’ll all be brimming with cheer from now until the New Year.
Looking to get into the festive spirit? Pay a visit to Niagara Falls USA this holiday season and you’ll find a Christmas calendar brimming with activities to get you and the whole family in the mood. From meeting The Man himself to sparkling holiday lights, there’s a tinsel-topped event happening every day in the county. You’ll soon discover Niagara Falls USA is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving!
1. This winter, celebrate the holiday season and participate in a variety of Jingle Falls USA activities in downtown Niagara Falls, NY. Guests can delight in tons of outdoor fun on Old Falls Street and in Niagara Falls State Park, including a tree lighting, train rides, live reindeer, crafts, horse and carriage rides, appearances from Santa and more! (November 24-26, 2023)
2. Lewiston brings a vintage flavor to the holiday calendar with the Village of Lewiston Christmas Walk complete with holiday shopportunities and a Christmas Lights Parade. (November 30 – December 3, 2023)
3. Each year, from the Saturday before Thanksgiving to the eve of the Epiphany, the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine goes aglow for the Fatima Shrine Festival of Lights. The event features some 75 twinkling displays to wander through, with the highlight being the shrine itself, decorated with a life-size nativity scene and festooned in Christmas foliage. (November 18, 2023 – January 6, 2024)
4. Sip and savor the holiday season at some of the nearly two dozen wineries throughout Niagara County. Witness the scenic, snowy vistas of the vineyards, warm up with some wine tastings and purchase gifts for the wine connoisseurs in your life – or yourself!
5. Explore the magic of Christmas at the Santa Claus Christmas Cottage in Lockport. Visit Santa and the head Elf, drop off a letter in the North Pole mailbox, and witness the many classic holiday decorations. Bring your camera and take as many photos as you like, this experience is totally free! (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, December 2023.)
6. We all know Santa’s favorite treat is cookies! And there’s no shortage of confections at The Village Bake Shoppe in Lewiston, NY. This holiday season, purchase a do-it-yourself cookie decorating kit, complete with a dozen sugar cookies, icing and sprinkles. Also on the menu, the TikTok famous, hot chocolate bombs!
7. Winter bites — and no, we’re not referring to the weather — but fishing! Niagara Falls USA offers year-round angling opportunities, and winter is prime time for catching steelhead, brown trout and lake trout. Unsure where to begin? Hire a local charter captain for an epic on-the-water fishing adventure.
8. Deck the halls at the Niagara Power Vista! Hop aboard the polar vista express, take photos with Santa, and enjoy an assortment of holiday treats, crafts and entertainment. (2023 Dates To Be Announced)
9. Depending on if you’re feeling naughty or nice, enjoy breakfast with the Grinch or Santa! Santa will be at the Anchor Bar from 8 a.m. to noon, while the Grinch will be at the Rainforest Café from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Reservations required. (2023 Dates To Be Announced)
10. Enjoy life-sized gingerbread displays, face painting, live music, crafts and more at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute this December. (2023 Dates To Be Announced)
11. Experience the arts with a side of holiday happenings at the Niagara Arts and Cultural Center. Enjoy vendors, art displays, live music and performances, crafts, treats and more! Don’t forget to take photos with Santa, too. (2023 Dates To Be Announced)
12. Do you want to build a snowman? Frolic in the flurries and frost of the many state parks in Niagara Falls USA on a free guided winter hike. Pro tip: Niagara Falls State Park offers free snowshoe rentals all winter long!
Click here for a full list of festivities and events.