Come for the duty-free savings, stay for a fun weekend getaway.
Just over the border, you’ll find a trove of shopping adventures awaiting you in Niagara Falls USA. Whether you’re wanting to use the strength of the Canadian dollar to save big or to wander retail outlets you can’t find back at home, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Niagara County.
American Big-Box Stores
- Most U.S. residents will tell you they couldn’t live without Target. From big-name clothing and home-decor collabs (think: Joanna Gaines, Studio McGee) to trend-forward in-house brands, Target offers high design on a small budget. It’s also a one-stop shop for everything on your list, so you can fill your cart with everything from a pair of lug-sole ankle boots to shampoo.
- Crafty types swear by Hobby Lobby, which is stocked with everything you need for every type of creative hobby, whether you’re a scrapbooker, a watercolor dabbler or an aspiring floral arranger. But that’s just the beginning: expect epic amounts of party goods, stationery, picture frames, home goods and decor for all the holidays. (Just note, they are closed on Sundays!)
- Once you visit Wegmans, you’ll understand that it really is so much more than a regional grocery store. Foodies flock to the store for its huge selection, low prices and delicious store-brand products. A few Wegmaniac favorites: pizza, pasta sauce, hummus, fresh bread and pastries, and cheese (so much cheese!).
Kate Spade, Saks OFF 5th, J. Crew, Janie and Jack, Adidas and more — 120-plus brands in all — are represented at the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA, where you can get the goods for up to 75% off. Not sure where to start? Try our Fashion Outlets Finder.
Boutiques and Antiques
Niagara Falls proper and the charming towns of Niagara County are full of one-of-a-kind boutiques and antique emporiums. You could make a whole weekend out of connecting the dots between shops, cozy eateries and local wineries.
Understanding Exemption Limits
Book a stay in one of our hotels and relax after a day of shopping! The longer you stay on the U.S. side, the more you can spend without paying duty at the border:
- Out of country within 24 hours: CA $0
- More than 24 hours but less than 48: CA $200
- More than 48 hours, but less than 7 days: CA $800
- More than 7 days: CA $800
Need info on border crossing? You can find out more here.